Apollo Video Technology is a leading manufacturer of video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation, law enforcement, military, commercial transportation, fire and EMS applications. We are continuing to build our team by adding a NetworkSales Engineer.
The Network Sales Engineer position is responsible in assisting with developing the strategy by which products and services can be designed to fit customer needs. Additionally, this position will assist directly with clients on the best ways to utilize current products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with sales strategy for accounts
- Collaborate with sales team to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Obtain and translate technical requirements from customers
- Advise customers which products are needed for a proposed solution
- Confer with customers and product management to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Work with Product Management to plan and modify products to meet customer needs
- Understand and communicate industry norms and best practices
- Demonstrate how a product solves the specific use cases for the customer
- Provide recommended deployment methodologies or architectures
- Create System designs to meet customers technical requirements
- Contribute to the RFP process
- Assist with live and web demonstrations
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services
- Support field team on mini-fleet/demo installations
- Support Field and Customer Support in solving problems with installed equipment
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to Field Support and other departments for implementation including the client’s needs and expectations
- Work with Field Support and Sales to ensure ongoing satisfaction and eventual realization of the benefits that were articulated during the sales cycle
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be self-motivated and proactive
- Possess decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Customer service oriented
- Possess strong time management skills
- Possess public speaking and presentation skills
- Innovation and system design skills
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to work evenings
- Ability to solve problems creatively and independently, and work well with various team members across different departments.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- MCSA certificationpreferred
- Wireless Network certification preferred
- Sales process training preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in a systems engineering, sales engineering, solutions architect role for Internet Protocol (IP) based networking and/or security products
- LAN/WAN/WWAN network topologies.
- Microsoft Server environments
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Virtual Machine environments
- Enterprise, Carrier or Public Wi-Fi solutions (Meraki, Ruckus, Aruba, Cisco)
- Experience with mobile cellular and Wi-Fi routers
- Network design and documentation using Visio
- Wireless site survey experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physically required to frequently sit, stand, talk, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, bend, use hands to finger, handle or feel and to reach. The employee may frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apollo Video Technology is an equal opportunity employer